December 08, 2011

Piazza S.Oronzo

Shot on May 13th, 2011, Lecce
I like taking pics while the sun sets, because you get this particular light thanks to the so called "blue hours" i. e. when the sky is still bright even though the sun is setting.
That's one of the most famous spots in Lecce, "Piazza S.Oronzo". The statue of this saint is placed on the obelisk and under it there's actually an amphitheatre (I will upload some pics soon, so you get an idea of how beautiful this square is). 
I like to remember this day because I went to shot some pics whith my Spanish friend Jose and in the evening we listened to a concert in the streets near the square, I had an amazing time! It's thanks to him if I was able to get find the passion for photography again! On this day though, a very special person was missing: Pame, she was in Spain so she couldn't come whith us. Jose and Pame are two friends of mine, they were in erasmus in Lecce this year and I really found two special friends, friends I didn't find in ten years being in Italy. Oh, here's the link to their blog, visit it, they are amazing photographers:

http://fotosparadisfrutar.blogspot.com/ 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs, I'm really happy about your new proyect!, I'll see all your works!, I need to see u soon with Pame. Great job! te voglio bene amico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! I'll try to update new pics as soon as I can! Ti voglio bene anch'io!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, the best time of the day is the "blue hour". Excellent warm colours and nice shadows.

    ReplyDelete